Monday 2 March 2015

The Paper Nest Dolls Challenge #3!

Hello!  Hope everyone is well and happy! I would firstly like to say a HUGE thank you for all the good wishes I had after my rather horrible time with my dogs! Without boring you with too much detail there was a big fight, injuries all round (including me!!! Note to self DO NOT get between two fighting Staffies) but everyone is healing well and our house is now like Fort Knox with baby gates everywhere and a 1 in 1 out system that seems to be working (so far)! The thought of trying to rehome one of them is just too distressful to think of so this is our current solution. I am praying very hard that it works.  Needless to say my mojo, my confidence and concentration seems to have taken a huge blow so please forgive me for not getting round to visiting you all; my head is all over the place right now! Hopefully normal service will resume shortly! 

OK I’ll stop the waffle to let you know that despite all the horrible things that have happened I have some fab news! A few weeks ago I was invited to join the fabulous Paper Nest Dolls DT and I didn't hesitate to say yes!!  So this is my first challenge as part of the team and our theme every month is Anything Goes! We always have a fabulous prize on offer so check out the blog for details.

I decided to make one of my all-time favourite styles of card the diorama/shadow box/tunnel thingy. Still not convinced that’s the proper name for it!! And as I am a Pisces myself (my birthday just happens to be today, a landmark one too but the least said about that the better!!) I used the gorgeous Zodiac Pisces placing her in a little underwater scene! Love those sweet iddy fishes!!

Ingredients:
Image: Zodiac Pisces
Sentiment: Computer generated
Card: Neenah Solar White - Hunkydory
Colouring/Ink: Spectrum Noir markers & pencils
Dies: Tonic ‘Indulgence Sentiment Thinking Of You’ (frame only) & Swirls – Spellbinders ‘Cherry Blossom’ & ‘Ribbon Banners’
Others: Acrylic drops – shells – air-dry clay and shell mould - spiders web – seahorse button – Liquid Pearls

So swim over to the blog to see the gorgeous DT inspiration join in with our challenge! And don’t forget pop into the shop

Thanks so much for looking and have a great day!
See ya!


Colourful hugs
Jane xxx


I would like to enter the following challenges:
CRAFTING FROM THE HEART – Challenge #49: Anything Goes
BROWN SUGAR – Challenge #135: Anything Goes
CRAFTY CATZ – Challenge #268: Use Your Dies/Punches
CREATIVE FINGERS – Challenge #69: Anything Goes
SWEET STAMPIN’ – All or Nothing (One Layer or Lots of Layers .. I chose lots!)
SENTIMENTAL SUNDAYS – Challenge #248: Anything Goes
GLITTER N SPARKLE – Challenge #126: Anything Goes
SCRIBBLE AND SCRAP – Challenge #39: Anything Goes

16 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Jane! I hope you have a wonderful day.
    Congrats on your new and very well deserved DT place. Your card is absolutely stunning. I love the design, sweet image and amazing detailing. A gorgeous colour scheme too.
    Sorry to hear about what happened with your dogs, it sounds like it was horrible for you. I hope your solution works, I can understand how upsetting it must be for you.
    Take care, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday ♪♪ dear Jane....hope you got lots of love hugs and goodies.
    LOVE this gorgeous card, it's stunning image and perfectly coloured...
    Sorry to hear about the fighting staffies, they are loyal dogs but boy they have a grip and a half...hope it all works out.xx

    {The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Jane, this is gorgeous!! Love the little splashes of purple and the dew drops are a wonderful embellie for an underwater scene! Fab mermaid too! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dog fights (or any animal fights) are so scary! I'm hopeful you were not too seriously injured, and that your new system continues working, Jane. Congrats on your new DT Slot! They are so fortunate to have you, and your creation is AMAZING - so innovative, fun, and DETAILED! Wow! Love it! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Jane and many congratulations on your new DT post. So sorry you have been through the wars!! Your card is delicious.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on your new DT post Jane, it couldn't happen to a nicer girl!! Fabulous debut card too and I just love the way you do these diorama cards. I have been thinking of you and am pleased to hear everyone is on the mend. Happy Birthday...you can stop carrying ID now!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely pretty card, Thanks for sharing with us at CRAFTY CATZ x carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. AWE this is very Beautiful!!! Love it all!!!! Congrats on the DT spot too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG OMG OMG! I almost fainted! This is gorgeous!!!
    Thank you for sharing this with us at Sentimental Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card thank you for calling in at Sweet Stampin' this week. DebbieX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jane wishing you a belated Happy Birthday. Jane this is exceptionally beautiful, the card design, colours and image as well as the embellishments look awesome.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a fabulous diorama card and beautifully coloured. I love all the detail and colours you'd used, really pretty. Thank you for sharing your card and joining in with the fun at Sweet Stampin’ this week and good luck. Hugs Janine xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous, gorgeous card. Thanks for joining in the fun at Sweet Stampin' this time for our 'One or Lots of Layers' challenge. Your entry is fab! Hugs, Wends x Sweet Stampin' DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning shadow box, the detailing is fantastic.

    Take care sweetie!

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous creation. Love the layout and details! Thanks for joining us at CraftyCatz.
    Kim (CraftyCatz DT) x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful lacy shadow card and love the cute image--Thank you for joining us at Crafting From The Heart
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I read and appreciate each and every one. Huge hugs Jane xx