Friday 21 February 2014

Chocolate, Coffee & Cards – Teddy Bears!

Hello, how are things in the world of you?

I’m here today to let you know that there is a new challenge starting over on the Chocolate, Coffee and Cards blog and our theme this fortnight is Teddy Bears!

 Our sponsor is the fabulous Ladybug Crafts Ink and they were very generous to let the DT each pick an image to work with and I chose Swing Billy, available here



I printed Billy off onto watercolour card and coloured him with Inktense Pencils. I added clouds to the sky using a Memory Box die but like a wally I decided to cover most of them up with a Spellbinders tree die which is ironically called Just Swingin’. You can just about see them I think. Oooops!

I used my ‘older than I care to remember’ Tonic mini daisy punch to add some flowers to the tree and a Tattered Lace die to give them some leaves.

So as not to upset the clouds having so viciously covered them up previously I fixed some more to the top, adding a touch of Stormy Sky DI for shadow.



I made a bow from brown Silky Crush Ribbon, and punched a larger flower out to match the others and that went on the top. The sentiment is from Tattered Lace.

I thought I was going to mount all this onto an A6 top fold card and leave it at that but it lacked something.  So I cut 2 of the largest rectangles from the Spellbinders Fanciful Lattice set out of Centura Pearl to make a card blank.

I hope you will join us at Chocolate, Coffee and Cards. It’s a great challenge and who hasn’t got a teddy bear somewhere in their stash?  Check out the blog for all the wonderful DT inspiration and play along!

Thanks so much for looking!
See ya!

Colourful hugs
Jane xx

I would like to enter the following challenges:





32 comments:

  1. Wow Jane...what a work of art!! The flowers alone must have taken ages to put together and look amazing. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Jane,love the scene that has been created.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Utterly gorgeous! Such an adorable card, and such fabulous attention to detail! LOVE it! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning sweetie this is just gorgeous, love your colour choices, huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute card, Jane. The teddy is so adorable and the tree with flowers caught my attention :) Beautifully designed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just went and visited chocolatecoffee&cards blog, Jane,and became a follower too:). Thanks for the info :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I seem to have been following you around blogland this morning so thought I'd drop by and say 'hi'! Love your teddy creation, so much detail - totally adorable. Have a good weekend, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Smashing card and like your layout. have a great weekend cheers Sue N x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw your card makes me smiel Jane.... love love everything here....CUTE card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another stunning and beautifully designed card Jane. I love the cute image and your attention to detail is just wonderful.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great combination of colors you chose. This is adorable. Thanks for joining the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely card so much detail to look at! Thanks for joining us at crafting from the heart - Sonia W DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww! this is so adorable Jane, love the cute image and gorgeous design.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  14. fabulous card Jane and love that layout - so effective
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute card. Love the scene you have created. Thanks for playing along at ABC Challenges.

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another very clever card design Jane, really gorgeous :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card!. Thanks for joining Crafting from the Heart. Kx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sweet card with fabulous use of die cuts. I love how you've framed the image and placed the flowers. Love it. Thank you for joining us at Pinspirational Challenges. Come back next week!
    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow so stunning jane.really fantastic design and i love your sweet bear and colouring :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi there love the layout of your card Jane it looks fantastic and love how you have incorporated the tree die in. Thanks for joining our challenge at crafting from the heart this fortnight.
    Hugs
    Fiona blog co-owner x

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow!!! this is beautiful! love the little scene you've created! and all the lovely details are just amazing! love that tree die and it goes so well with the image! thank you so much for joining us in our Pack a Punch challenge at Sentimental Sundays !
    Mirella DK
    DT Sentimental Sundays (Cute and Crafty Cards by Mirella)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow what an absolutely gorgeous creation! If only my cards were half as good, then I would feel content. Lol. The flowers remind me of May Flowers (http://www.majblomman.se/in-english/) :) Anyhow, thank you for joining us for {PIN}spirational Challenge #95. Please come back soon :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous scene! I love those little blooms on the tree! Thanks for joining us at our almost month long challenge at Crafting By Designs.
    xo Sharon/DT

    ReplyDelete
  24. A gorgeous card. I love the depth you've created and all the flowers and leaves.

    Thank you for joining in with the Feeling Crafty challenge this month and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  25. what a fun and fab card! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (hand made embellishment!) STASH with us this week! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh! Wow! This is stunning Jane, love everything about it...
    Hugs,
    Marjorie xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Stunning design, colour and detail Jane. I love the sweet bear.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. fantastic card love all the beautiful dies and gorgeous bow-thanks for joining us at Crafting From The Heart
    carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is super cute. Fab design and I really like those flowers on the tree. Fab work! Thanks for playing with us at Crafty ribbons! Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh my Jane this is soooo fab!! Love it! The card in the post below is fabulous as well - you really are a proper crafty person - makes me look at my square cards and feel a bit boring!!!

    Totally inspiring both of them, methinks I will have to go try harder at being crafty!!! ;-)

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  31. So adorable, the layout and detail in this card is fantastic. The tree die cuts set off the image beautifully and as always I love all your flowers :). The clouds look so soft and fluffy too, even the ones just about poking through..hehe...You really have made a wonderful scene Jane. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is ace Jane. Thoses dies go perfectly with the image you chose. Not by accident I am sure. Lou xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I read and appreciate each and every one. Huge hugs Jane xx