Sunday 1 December 2013

Ladybug Crafts Challenge – Christmas/Winter

Hello, how are you keeping?

Today I am here to show a card I made for the current monthly challenge starting today over on the Ladybug Crafts blog and the challenge is….. Wait for it……Christmas/Winter! Yay!

I was asked to join the Ladybug team a little while ago and of course I said yes.  No flies on me you know!

So here I am, doing my best to inspire you!



My card is quite CAS (I absolutely love this style but never seem to try it too often, why? no idea!) and I have used an adorable stamp from LOTV called Trimming the Tree available here I coloured the little people and their adorable doggie in greyscale and added colour to the tree and decorations only.  I really enjoy colouring in this way.  It’s a good way of teaching yourself about shadows and depth. I’m learning slowly (I would describe it as a snail’s pace) but loving every minute of it.



The sentiment is also LOTV and I drew a bauble underneath, why? no clue. I used just a few gold glitter domes and a touch of gold Stickles (this is CAS after all) to embellish and there you go, all done.

Pop on over to the Ladybug blog and join in the fun and see all the wonderful inspiration from the design team.


See ya!

Scribbly hugs
Jane xx

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:











13 comments:

  1. Fab greyscale Jane = Fab card!! Enjoy the rest of the weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE how you colored the card! Thanks for playing along with Crafting By Designs. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love the mix of monochrome and pops of colour, and such a brilliant CAS card hun, love this. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Crafty Little Fairies this week. Hugs, Fairy Squirrel xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your new DT place Jane. Your card is gorgeous, I love the way you have coloured the image and fabulous CAS design.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous CAS card Jane - your colouring is amazing - so effective.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love this, Jane! The effect of the monotone with just some of the image highlighted with colour is perfect.

    Thank you for entering our challenge at Crafty Little Fairies, and good luck in the draw. We would also love you to join us again in future challenges.

    Hugs,
    Jennifer. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this!!!! Thank you for Linking Up at An Inky Situation. Your project is featured on our Facebook Page today and linked to your blog!
    An Inky Situation Page on Facebook
    :) Janis
    Shop Stampin' Up! with me

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is awesome!! I love how you've colored in gray scale and only popped the color with the tree/ornaments! Gorgeous - thanks for sharing it with us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you made the kids gray and the tree is colored. This has WOW FACTOR! I love how you made one layer and that it is clean and simple. Thank you so much for sharing your amazing creation with us for our Christmas Challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous. Love your colouring. Nice finishing touch with the border and dewdrops.

    Huggsss, Angelique

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jane this is stunning, the colouring in greyscale is beautiful, but more importantly it really then highlights the fully coloured areas. It is a gorgeous image (as are all LOTV-I really should get some lol) and the CAS layout of the card means the image is truly the star of the show! Truly stunning, I keep having to scroll back up to look at it hehe...I think I will need to try and give greyscale a try, although it scares me a little...lol.... x

    ReplyDelete
  12. ooo what a fantastic card, Jane :-))
    Beautiful colouring! Great idea.
    Hugs, Andreja

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this is fab!! I love how the tree pops off the page!! Thanks for playing at That craft place!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I read and appreciate each and every one. Huge hugs Jane xx