Monday 4 November 2013

Starlet Tiffany!

Hello, hope all is well with you and yours.

Today I would like to share a card I made for a friend of mine who is a vintage film fanatic.  Her husband wanted me to make her a card that reflected her mild obsession with movies of the 30’s and 40’s.  So this is what I came up with.

 
The 'pin' is a silver piece of Card Candi; looks multicoloured here though(?)

The image is from MilkCoffee  and is called ‘Glamorous Tiffany in Her Night Gown’ .  I thought she had the look of a black and white movie starlet so I coloured her with my Promarkers in greyscale and made her into a photograph pinned to a wall, well a piece of embossed and sanded Core’dinations to be precise.  

The 'autograph' is my untidy scrawl.  


I printed the clapperboard and filmstrip free from the web, stamped a script onto a piece of vellum and I made the roses using a Sizzix Bigz die.  The idea is that the roses are fading and losing their petals.  Not too sure if that’s how it looks.



And there you go.  I hope she likes it.

See ya!

Smiling always (!)!

Scribbly hugs
Jane xx

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:










15 comments:

  1. Stunning card - perfect for the brief - amazing details.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous design love the image and flowers. Thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers good luck Ginny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's fantastic Jane, she's going to LOVE it xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card. Super colours and details. Thanks for joining us at the PCJ challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jane, what a beautiful card. I love the image and your colouring is perfect. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jane,
    This looks gorgeous. I love the image & the whole fabulous Hollywood glamour vibe. Thanks for joining us at Passion For Promarkers this week.
    Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jane! I love your card! Gorgeous stamp and colored and so elegant design. Thank you for playing along with us over at Passion for ProMarkers. Hugs Lotta

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful image and I love the coloring! :)

    Hugs, Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous card Jane! I love that image and the touch of color! Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jane this is stunning. What a great idea. You have done a great job colouring in greyscale too, I wouldn't know where to start hehe. All of the embellishments fit perfectly, I bet she will love the card. Really well thought out.
    Hugs
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card and flowers. Thank you for playing along with us at Crafting When We Can Handmade Flowers Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow - that's amazing!!

    Hope you have a good weekend,

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is GORGEOUS Jane! As a film nut myself (with the film studies degree to prove it, lol), I can honestly say that *this* is exactly the kind of card I'd want hubby to get someone to make for me. Not that hubby has ever gotten me a birthday card, but if he did... This is the one! :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Jane, I just became your 9th follower... I didn't realize I wasn't on your list.... Happy to be following you now...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I read and appreciate each and every one. Huge hugs Jane xx