Thursday 14 November 2013

MilkCoffee Showcase – Shaped Cards


Hello and how are you? 

Firstly I would like to say a big thank you to those who have taken time out of their busy days to leave me comments.  I am so grateful for your kind words; they are a huge confidence booster I must say, so thank you so very much.

Ok, so what’s going on today then?  Well I am here to announce that it is showcase day over on the MilkCoffee Blog and our theme this time is Shaped Cards (oooh ‘eck!).

Now I don’t do shaped cards that often.  I have a lot of pre-scored square blanks and I only own a couple of the larger dies to make my own so I struggled with this a bit.  My only option was to get out my trusty EK Success Circle Scissor to make my base from Centura Pearl.  And that’s as far as I got really.  Until that is I got this little fella to work with.   He is called ‘Pilgrim Boy’ and he is available here and he is the sole inspiration for this project. So you know who to blame!

Now we don’t celebrate Thanksgiving here in the UK (even though I personally have an awful lot to be thankful for) so I had to do a bit of research so I got it right.

And this is what happened.



Well to be honest with you I’m not too sure what happened!  This card kind of acquired a life of its own and I could do little to stop it. The whole harvest/Thanksgiving vibe just took over.

I coloured ‘Pilgrim Boy’ with Spectrum Noirs on Neenah Solar White card ( I love his hat and his buckled shoes) and cut him out.  I then found a free pumpkin digi on-line and printed it out twice on orange card and added some shading with pencils. 



I used a brayer on my circle base to create a sunset with Rusty Hinge and Dried Marigold DI, using a stencil to make the ‘sun’, then stamped a flock of birds to add to the scene.

The leaves are various Spellbinders dies and the acorns and twigs are made from a Martha Stewart mould and air-dry clay. I t was at this stage that I had to hide my glue to stop myself adding any more to it!   I ended up with more of a ‘sculpture’ than a card but there you go. 



Now watch me try and get it in an envelope! :{

See ya!


Scribbly hugs
Jane xx

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:



16 comments:

  1. Wow Jane...what can I say except Fandabbydozy!! Your acorns are fabulous, in fact the whole card is fabulous down to every little leaf. Well done! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the design and how you changed his feature. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aaaaaadorable card, Jane!
    I like your shaped card and all little details. The colouring is amazing .-))
    Hugs, Andreja

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a GOrgeous creation this is! LOving your design..and such a cutie of an image...Thank you soooo much for joining us at Digi Haven.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic shaped card! I love all the wonderful details. From looking at your card I would have no idea that you don't celebrate Thanksgiving. Thanks for sharing your creation at Savvy Handmade Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is Gorgeous! I love all of the added details. Perfect for Thanksgiving. Thank you for sharing with QKR Stampede this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow Jane, this is just stunning!!! Wonderful colouring and all the embellies / details are amazing! I think it needs more than an envelope though - a big, strong box is more what's needed I would image. Either that or hand deliver it!!!

    Hope you have a good weekend,

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Jane is is gorgeous! i love how it did take on a life of its own it was definitely meant to be..great coluring with the pilgrim boy and i love the pumpkins and it doesnt stop there? we go onto acorns, different types of leaves and die cuts...lovely. Many thanks for joining us a JIC this month with the Autumnal challenge. Anita DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful creation! Thanks for playing at MMCS! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing card! I love all the additions. Would love to know how you end up mailing it out! Thanks for playing at Savvy Handmade Cards. Good luck! Hope to see you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous! Love the beautiful colors, paper and embellishments.Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown.

    Kim
    www.lilypatchstamps.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your creation and all die cuts and layers. Thank you for joining our Give thanks challenge at The Paper Nest Dolls.
    Jasmina DT PND

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love your card, especially the acorns. Thank you for joining our Give thanks challenge at The Paper Nest Dolls.
    Keeley DT PND

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very very cute! Thanks for playing with us at PND challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is fabulous! Love everything about it.

    Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. ohhh wow that's a stunning shaped card!!! Just love the colors and the coloring you have done on the image as well!!! fabulous die cuts!

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Scribbles and Scrap Challenge. Hope you will join us next time DT Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I read and appreciate each and every one. Huge hugs Jane xx