Sunday 17 November 2013

In the Spotlight!

Hello. Hope this finds you well.

Today I would like to share a card I made in response to the current Passion for Promarkers challenge which is ‘In the Spotlight’.

Now I had heard of this technique but never tried it so I was keen to give it a go. 

So this is what I made.



The papers and sentiment are LOTV as is the gorgeous image which is called ‘Wedding Couple’.

I stamped the image twice and then from one of them I cut a small section (their super cute little faces) using a Sizzix Framelits die.  I then coloured it in with Promarkers, backed it with a small edge of pink paper and then mounted it onto the complete uncoloured image, which had been cut using a larger heart die. I also drew on some faux stitching for added interest.



The pearls and lace are from my stash and I took three long pearl topped pins, coloured one with a Watermelon Flexmarker then attached on a few more beads to 'posh' them up a bit.  I then tied a bow from white Silky Crush ribbon (my absolute favourite) and stuck them into the knot.

The pink roses and buds are created from a Britannia die and the white ones are a Sizzix Bigz die. 



And there you are.  Throughout the whole process (and even now) I couldn’t stop singing “Going to the chapel and we’re going to get maaaaaaaried!” (A song by the Dixie Cups).

Just be grateful this doesn't come with a soundtrack!


See ya!

Scribbly hugs
Jane xx


I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:







21 comments:

  1. Wow Jane, that is an absolute stunner...in every way!! Nothing else to say!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Jane! And I especially love the pink roses! Must get me some flower dies too... :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning Jane, a perfect way to use the Spotlight Technique. I love that cute LOTV image and such pretty detailing too.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card Jane - fabulous technique and gorgeous details.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Jane. I can't believe this is your first time doing this technique. It is absolutely gorgeous. I love the shape. It is perfect for this image.

    Thanks for joining our pearl challenge at Creative Card Crew.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Jane!! This is so beautiful, fabulous technique, I love the heart shapes you have used it all goes together so well.... Stunning card!! Have just become a follower:)...
    Hugs,
    Marjorie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jane,
    This is gorgeous. Love the cute image & the spotlight technique suits this card perfectly. Thanks for joining us at Passion For Promarkers this week.
    Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is stunning!! I love your card, your stamp, the embellis, everything. :) Hugs Lotta DT for Passion for ProMarkers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, gorgeous spotlight card. Thank you for playing along with my theme at PFP this week & good luck. Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card, have a great week cheers Sue N x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is ace. I love it. I will have to try that technique :) lou x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow what a beautiful card, love the image and all the details to it....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic idea and beautiful card, hun! Great job! Love the flowers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, what a fantastic card you made! I like idea about the heart :-))
    Hugs, Andreja

    ReplyDelete
  15. OOhhhh Jane this is stunning! Adore this LOTV image, a fab technique and such beautiful embellies too!
    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Little Fairies :)
    Kelly.x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is gorgeous Jane, love the colours and your colouring is amazing. I've seen the spotlight technique a few times but always with the coloured part set back rather than forward, so this is a fab really different take on the technique. Its definitley on my to do list. Hugs x
    Little Pear Tree

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Jane wow this is beautiful :) so pretty I love the image and gorgeous flowers and pins!!

    Vic x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a sweet card - I love how you have coloured the image and great backing papers too.

    Thanks for joining us at CLF this week.

    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow What a beautiful card. Your coloring and color selections are perfect. Thanks so much for joining us at the Creative Card Crew.
    Denise
    CCC-DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Jane very clever way to decoupage the images very effective great take on the faux stitching..

    Thanks for sharing with us at ITP chall this wk.

    smiles Christine C x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow love this,gorgeous design.xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I read and appreciate each and every one. Huge hugs Jane xx