Monday 28 October 2013

Embellishment Bingo at the Cutie Pies Challenge Blog!

Hello, how are you keeping? Hope you survived that storm. Crikey that was scary!


Anyway, today launches a brand new challenge over at the Cutie Pie Challenge Blog  and our theme this fortnight is ‘Embellishment Bingo, and make it Cute!’

So here is the bingo board:


Our sponsor is the wonderful Crafty Ribbons and our winner will receive a £10 voucher to spend in their amazing store here



I always enjoy embellie bingo but it is so hard to choose just three of all the wonderful things we find in our stash.  So I decided to go FULL HOUSE!  Gosh!



I decided to stick with all things Halloween and make a card for a friend of mine whose birthday just happens to be 31st October.  Apparently, because of this, a rumour circulated when she was at school that she was a witch and could put a spell on anyone she didn’t like.  Needless to say she rather enjoyed the notoriety and only wore black for much of her teenage life.  She never owned a cat though as she’s allergic but she did have a black goldfish called Starsky (only the over 40’s will know who this is) but unlike a cat I don’t think he could sit on a broom.  So this one’s for her. 

I used a digi I won from Digi Stamp Boutique called Halloween Freya and coloured her with Promarkers. I cut her out using Spellbinders Labels 4 and mounted her into SB A2 Filigree Delight, which (no pun intended) in turn was mounted onto glitter card.


The papers are from my stash and the roses are from The Hobby House.  I cut a purple flower using Heartfelt Creations Sun Kissed Fleur and put a Papermania mini button in the middle.

The only thing I did not have from the bingo board was a charm so I had to make my own (oh eck I hear you cry). So I drew a ghost onto some shrink plastic punched a hole in it and… well…shrank it.  He is so dinky!  I love him! Not scary at all!

BOO!


So there you are, a witchy card for a lady born on Halloween! But do pop over to the Cutie Pies blog to see the amazing inspiration created by my teamies.  They are fab!


See ya!


Scribbly hugs
Jane xx

I would like to be considered in the following challenges:










14 comments:

  1. What a charming card. Lovely ghost charm you made, he looks really cute! Fabby card. Thanks for playing with us over at PFP this week.
    Love n hugs
    Marie, dt PFP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Jane, well done on the full house - not difficult with such a great board. x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful Halloween card, the image is so cute. Thank you for joining us at TioT's this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful halloween card, have a great week cheers Sue (dt sis)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Splendid and so much fun. i love all of your embellishments and deco but yes, my favourite is the spooky shrink plastic ghost. how Cool. Thanks for joining us at Sparkle Monthly. hope to see you again.Caz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card.

    Thanks for sharing at Dream Valley.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a lovely card Jane, great job with the Full House! The filigree background is beautiful! I bet your friend will love it. I confess I was more of a David Soul fan myself and the saddest thing is I only seem to remember how tight their jeans were (naughty me!!). Hope your little girlies weren't scared too much by that awful night. I apologise for not visiting as often as I should...I'm still too thick to work out how I get to see your lovely creations!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh Ooh, just realised I can now be a follower!! Yay!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card Jane, its just how I like them!
    Thanks for sharing it with us at Diva's this week and good luck with the challenge
    Hugs Laurie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic card! I love those gorgeous purples

    Thank you so much for leaving a lovely comment on my blog

    Happy Crafting!

    Hugs

    Bridie@BGPayne Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally brilliant, I love it all! The ghost is fab but I really love the cutout with the glitter paper behind it. And yes, you got a full house and then some, is that the kitchen sink I can see on there, lol!! Thanks for joining in the fun at Sparkles this month, good luck and hope to see you again.

    Hugs
    Brenda
    Sparkles DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is my type of Halloween card (I don't do scary) and I love it. You've used a great digi - I love the expression on her face - and your ghost charm is fab. You did brilliantly at getting all the bingo items on your card, it looks wonderful.

    Thanks for joining in the fun at Crafty Calendar Challenge and good luck.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's such a sweet image Jane, love your colours as well.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful card. That little charm is fab, I must get out my shrink plastic, although i think mine is clear! Wouldn't make a very good see through ghost hehe. Wonderful job Jane.
    Hugs
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I read and appreciate each and every one. Huge hugs Jane xx