Saturday 14 September 2013

Happy Anniversary J & J!

Hello.  Well what a miserable day.  The dark cloud of Oxfordshire is looming large and ugly over us today! Yuck!

Today I would like to share a card I made for my brother and his wife (the J & J of the title) to celebrate their anniversary this month.  They have just returned from a rather soggy holiday in Cornwall (my other brother and his wife are in tropical Thailand so there’s no envy there then!).



The image I chose for them is ‘Times to Treasure’ from LOTV.  Instead of using my usual Promarkers I decided to colour with pencils.  I am still trying to get the hang of these and need to learn some blending techniques but I think it came out ok.  I stuck a couple of heart peeloffs on the cover of the book they are studying as it’s all about the love!

Awwwww! True love!


My paper is from Dovecraft and I used a script background stamp to make a ‘page’ to sit behind the image.  My dies are Spellbinders Labels 1 and Tattered Lace corners and the sentiment is an All Occasions die.

The flowers and twine are from my stash and the heart charm was a magazine freebie.  Gotta love freebies!



My colour choice is all down to the colours that they had at their wedding.  Yes the bridesmaid’s wore green, looked fab I have to say, and the flowers actually reflect those in her headdress.

You see, I don’t just throw these things together (even though it may look like it)! J

See ya!

Smiling always (this card was not a last minute job for a change)!
Scribbly hugs
Jane xx

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:



3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. I love EVERYTHING!!!!!
    Thanks for joining us at JIC!
    Cindye(DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card. It will be treasured I'm sure. Thank you for joining us over at Ladybug Crafts. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colouring and that twine bunch is a fab addition. Thanks for joining us at ATSM

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I read and appreciate each and every one. Huge hugs Jane xx