Monday 16 September 2013

A Bugs Anniversary!

Hey, 2nd post of the day, oh my!

So I would like to share a card I made for my other brother’s wedding anniversary that’s coming up in November.  Yes I know I’m a tad early but I am making Christmas cards so like a boy scout I am being prepared!

I remember my brother’s wedding way back in 2000 for being absolutely freezing!  It was a beautiful sunny day though and he got married in the gorgeous grounds of Stowe School in Buckingham.  The trees were covered in golden leaves (they have some amazing wedding photos) and the ceremony was held inside one of the stone temple thingies.  However this temple thingy was completely open to the elements (bracing north east wind anyone!) and as the name would suggest the stone temple had stone seating.  No cushions provided!  I will let you imagine what that was like!  But thankfully my sister-in-law was forward thinking enough to provide copious amounts of mulled wine (mmmmm mulled wine).  Beverley you’re a genius!



Anyway I hope they like this card.  I used one of the fab toppers from Hobby House that you can get here, a gorgeous drawing by Sylvia Zet called ‘Love Trip’.  They are just too cute. My DP’s are very old but matched perfectly and the dies I used are Spellbinders A2 Filigree Delight and Heartfelt Creations Sun Kissed Fleur; I also used the matching stamp set.  I do love my flat backed pearls so they had to make an appearance along with a bow made from Sheer Wrinkled Edge ribbon.



So there you are.  Another brother’s anniversary covered.  My third brother’s is not until July.  Too early to make that now do you think?

See ya!

Smiling always (I’m too organised for words!)!

Scribbly hugs
Jane xx

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:









7 comments:

  1. Adorable!!!! Gorgeous card. Love the image and coloring and the flowers are beautiful. Thanks for joining us at JIC!
    Cindye DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh just perfect for the occasion, love the design and the colours on this beautiful card, and the image and artist a perfect fit for their anniversary, thank you for sharing at the Hobby House
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fabulous card. I love this image and the colours are gorgeous.
    Thank you for sharing this with us at Diva's by Design.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh this is so pretty, gorgeous image and design Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous flowers and papers! Beautiful card Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Jane! This is gorgeous! Love the whole layout, topper & those beautiful flowers! A perfect anniversary card :)
    Thanks for joining us at the Hobby House Challenge and good luck!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for entering our Dies or Punches challenge at A Creative Romance. What a fantastic response to this challenge. Your card is just fabulous. The balloon is so adorable and your coloring is fabulous! Love how you incorporated your die cuts into your design. Just lovely! xxx Ann Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I read and appreciate each and every one. Huge hugs Jane xx