Monday 26 August 2013

Without the Rain…

Hello

Today I wanted to share a card that I hope will not jinx the nice weather we have been having.  I am off work now for over a week and I’m looking forward to being able to enjoy the sunshine.

I call it ‘Without the Rain…’




I chose to use my favourite colour combo of all time, aqua and lilac.  I don’t use it that often really and I don’t know why as these colours make me smile.  To me they are happy hues! J  In fact whilst putting the whole thing together I started singing ‘The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow’ but after the dogs started howling I thought I’d better stop!

The image is of course Gorjuss and I coloured with Pro/Flexmarkers.  The papers are from my stash and I used Tattered Lace corners to provide a frame.  The gate is a Spellbinder Die D-Lite as is the cluster of flowers.



I am a bit bow mad so having found some matching satin ribbon I just had to use it.  It would have been rude not too. 

I needed an appropriate sentiment but couldn’t find one.  So I had to make one up and print it from my computer.  It is a phrase my mum often quotes at me when I moan about the weather. Don’t look too closely but I drew the cloud myself (must get a die for this type of thing I’m embarrassing myself with my D.I.Y. malarkey) and added some teardrop jewels for rain.

At least my cloud has a silver (& glittery) lining!


So there you go.  A happy card about rain.  Go figure!

See ya!

Smiling always (I’m off work for a week)!
Jane x

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:





13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card...sweet image love the rain drops...Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jane, what a gorgeous card. I love the cute image and your colouring is fab. Your cloud looks fab to me - no need for a die!! Thanks for joining in with our "fave colour combo" challenge at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x
    p.s. enjoy your week off work (I'm off too so fingers crossed the weather will continue to be nice) x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cute creation nothing wrong in using your own skills your cloud looks fine to me individual..

    Thanks for sharing with us at AGOAC this time.

    smiles Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How adorable!!

    Thanks for joining us at Eureka Stamps this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous card, love the image and all the die cuts look so pretty. Thanks for joining us at Graph'It Colour Challenge
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful! I love the purple and blue combo - it goes perfectly with her red hait! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Graph'it Markers Colour Challenge! Hugs, Simonne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous image and design.... fabulous colouring.... and oooh to that beautiful satin bow!

    Thanks for sharing at Totally Gorjuss this time..

    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow I love this! The image is one of my faves and all of your die cuts look amazing! Thanks for joining our Red Hair challenge at the Graph'it Marker blog this week!

    Hugs xx Cara xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow! This is beautiful, love the image and your colouring is fantastic, beautiful colours and die cuts and a lovely sentiment, love it
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is soooo pretty in those colors. Love the great die cuts you have used.

    Thanks for joining us at Eureka Stamps this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like the colour palette on this card! Thanks for playing at Graph'It Colour Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow love your gorgeous card, thanks so much for joining us at Graph It colour challenge, Karenx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so beautiful! Love the rain drops and your coloring. With some papers and dies you've made such a neat background, too. :)
    Have a great day, Jane!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I read and appreciate each and every one. Huge hugs Jane xx