Friday 2 August 2013

A Wee Bee



Hello

So the schools are out and the roads are quiet: fantastic!  Not being blessed with children myself (just 3 hairy kids which are frankly enough for anyone) this is my only benefit during the school hols.  I hope the weather stays nice for all those parents who see the weeks ahead as a ‘bit of a challenge’.  I remember my mum always dreading bad weather in August as there were 4 of us, me and my three younger brothers (ooh ‘eck).  I’d like to say we were angels but that would be a big fat ugly lie.  Thankfully we all got on really well (and still do) but that made us conspirators which was probably way worse.  Poor Mum (Dad kept out of it).

Anyway here I am again with another offering to present to the world of Blog.  Today my image is ‘Wee Love You Bunches’ by Sylvia Zet.  Isn’t she just super cute, I love her?  I coloured her with Pro/Flexmarkers and added a touch of white gel pen for highlights.

I call it, ‘A Wee Bee’

What a cutie!



As she is looking at a little bee I thought I would recreate my own bee using shrink plastic. Why, I’m not too sure but please don’t look too closely at my slightly dodgy drawing skills.  I’m telling you it’s a bee, just in case you’re thinking, “What’s that!”



The paper I got free with a magazine and I used Oval, Scalloped Oval and Scalloped Borders 1 dies from Spellbinders.  I made the flowers myself (I always prefer to make my own flowers when I can, good or bad) . I used Heartfelt Creations Delicate Asters (supposed to look like sunflowers :-D) and Daisy Patch.  I put Flowersoft in the centres and all over my desk, myself, carpet and dog!

So ribbon, a doily, pearls and a sentiment later and Bob’s your uncle (or Wee’s your stamp) the card is done.

See ya!

Smiling always (lovin’ this challenge thing)
Jane x


I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:



10 comments:

  1. Thank you for joining us @ Totally Papercrafts this week. I'm loving the image and your sunflowers.
    Happy Crafting
    Carole xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card and I love the die cut you used!
    Thanks for joining the Paper Crafting Journey Challenge.
    Hugs, Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jane! What a pretty card! The bee you've created by yourself is adorable :)

    Thank you so much for joining Totally PaperCrafts challenge!
    Hope you'll play along with us in the upcoming challenges too.

    ~Alexandra~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what a cutie! I love your blonde! Thanks so much for playing at Graph'It Colour Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So adorable and so gorgeous, thanks for joining us at Graph It colour challenge, Karenx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, so gorgeous! I LOVE the beautiful flowers you've added - they match the image perfectly! Thanks so much for joining us at Graph'it Colour Challenge! Hugs, Simonne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable card!
    Thank you for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!
    Hugs
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sweet. Love the bee! Thank you for joining us at Ladybug Crafts this months. Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sweet. Love the bee! Thank you for joining us at Ladybug Crafts this month. Ali x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I read and appreciate each and every one. Huge hugs Jane xx