Saturday 29 June 2013

Oily Fingers

Hello

It's me again with another offering from the humid hills of Oxfordshire.

We all struggle with men's cards (well we struggle with men really) so I thought I would give another 'boys card' a go.


This one I call "Oily Fingers", hence the fingerprints around the image.  (Not me forgetting to wash my hands I assure you.)



I chose my papers and them my markers to give a co-ordinated look.  I love the green and purple together.  I really enjoyed colouring in this little guy.  My brother Jonathan has just become an avid bike rider so he may get this for his birthday.  I would imagine he wishes he had that much hair though!

I embossed the strips of paper to give extra texture then used my new BFF, gilding wax, to enhance the pattern.


I hope that the circle dies around him look like a tyre as that was my intention.  As I did not have the right size die to mat my sentiment on I used my EK Success Circle Scissor to cut 2 tiny circles.




A close up of the colouring (& fingerprints)

Look out, these 'dabs' may appear on Crimewatch!


And there we have it.  Overall I think he came out really well and I love the colour combo.

Recipe:
    6 x 6” Kraft Card blank
    Papers & purple & black card from my stash
    Craft Style Stamp
    Neenah White Soar Card
    Pro/Flexmarkers
    White gel pen
    Black Soot DI (applied with my little finger – Scotland Yard may be           interested!)
    Spellbinders Standard Circle & Scalloped Circles dies
    M-Bossibilities Harlequin folder
    Creative Expressions Pewter Gilding Wax
    Papermania metal cog
    Silver studs
    Kanban die cut sentiment
    EK Success Circle Scissor
    Bad photography!


Smiling always (oh wow the sun’s come ou… oh no it’s gone in)
Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I read and appreciate each and every one. Huge hugs Jane xx