Friday 14 June 2013

Mother’s Day Card 2

Hi

Well it’s another ‘sunny’ day here in Oxfordshire, ho hum.  Thank goodness the weekend is only a few hours away and head down, full speed ahead crafting can commence!

Well despite it being June I am blummin’ freezing.  My office is like an icebox.  Maybe they are trying to keep me awake.  Yes, that could well be it.  My snoring must be quite off putting!

Any way here is today’s effort.  It is the card I made for my mother this year for Mother’s Day and I call it “No.....it’s supposed to be me!”


Had a minor glue disaster near the base of the banner.  Pinflair glue; may dry clear but not invisible!

I chose this image from the Paintbox Poppets as I believed the rosy cheeked young lady bore a passing resemblance to me when I was that age.  My hair was not as blond though.  It would seem though this was pure fantasy on my part as when I explained this to my mum all she said was, “Oh!  Really?”  Good grief!

See what I have to put up with.    However, being a crafter herself she was more interested in what dies I had used.  I work to a tough crowd.

Look at those rosy cheeks! (And the flowers of course.)


Basic recipe:
  • 8 x 8” white card blank
  • Silver mirri board and Centura Pearl card (my favourite card of all time)
  • Decoupage image from Paintbox Poppets CD-ROM
  • Dies: all Spellbinders - Grand Scalloped Ovals, Jewel Flowers & Flourishes, Bitty Blossoms & Ribbon Banners
  • Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink
  • Pale blue crystals
  • Blue Stickles
  • Craft Concepts Budding Vine Embossing folder (used behind the aperture so not that easy to see)
  • Bad photography!



Smiling always (teeth chattering a bit)
Jane x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I read and appreciate each and every one. Huge hugs Jane xx