Wednesday 5 June 2013

Get the professionals in…

Hello there

Well today the sun is shining and all is good with the world.  So nice to see the summer finally arrive after the dismal few days we have had.  Can I turn my heating off now please? 

Well at least my mum and I managed to finish wall papering and painting her small bedroom whilst the rain poured. It was a bit of a chore and my legs are killing me after going up and down the ladder umpteen times.  But it is done (huge sigh of relief and the overwhelming odour of Deep Heat).  And so, as we stand back to admire our handy work,  gazing in awe and amazement, I allow myself a thought, “Yep, should have got a professional in”.  The words ‘job’ and ‘botch’ came to mind, but not necessarily in that order!!  If we had worn boxing gloves we couldn’t have done a worse job.  Still it’s done now.  With the utmost sincerity I have recommend that she keeps the door shut and only goes in there with the light off.  I realise now why I never went into the painting and decorating business.  But I guess the next best thing is crafting; much smaller in scale and a lot less likely to induce crying (well…..).

Anyway back to the business in hand.  My card today is something I made for my sister-in-law for her birthday but changed my mind and gave her something else instead.  I’m always doing that.  So here it is.

It’s entitled: First Time Use of a Doily (it’s a work in progress)








Basic recipe:
  • ·       6 x 6” Scalloped card blank
  • ·       Papers & Card: Dovecraft Back to Basics III & Core’dinations
  • ·       Stamp was free from Papercraft Essentials magazine
  • ·       Sentiment stamp free from Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine
  • ·       Dies – Spellbinders: Die D-lites Garden Weave, Jewel Flowers & Flourishes (butterfly) & Lacey Ovals
  • ·       Promarkers
  • ·       Crystal glitter
  • ·       Pink gems
  • ·       Doily and feather from Hobbycraft
  • ·       Pan Pastel red tint (that thinks it’s pink)
  • ·       Bad photography!


Hope you like it.  I’m not sure.  I love the image and I think feathers give a nice touch but there is not a lot of definition in the papers to really give any dimension.  Oh well, must try harder (and will).

Smiling always (been to the dentist actually)!
Jane x



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I read and appreciate each and every one. Huge hugs Jane xx