Monday 3 June 2013

And so it begins......



Ok, so here goes, my first blog post.  Well, as it is very, very doubtful that anyone is reading this I will just get on with it.  Knowing no one is there is quite liberating actually!  I could say anything I like!  Mmmmm……….. OK so I’m not really a rebel, I’ll just chill and type.

So, who am I?  Well I am a 48 year old Civil Servant (yeah I know) with a passion for craft.  I have made things of one shape or another ever since I was old enough to hold a crayon.  My particular love is paper craft which has proved to be both an obsession and the most expensive hobby ever!  I recently won a sewing machine making a card for Creativity! Magazine so I guess I’ll have to master that at some stage.  So many crafts; so little time.

The idea of this blog, as with most crafting blogs I guess, is to give myself a crafting focus and allow me to enter all those wonderful challenges that are out here in Blogland.   So I will post my makes as often as I can (or when I remember) and hope that you like them (if indeed I have anyone viewing them at all).

So we have lift off!

The first card I wish to show is one I made for Mother’s Day. 

Brief story coming up; bear with.

I have 3 brothers and they all insist I make a card for them to give to my mother be it for birthdays, Christmas or indeed Mother’s Day.   No money ever exchanges hands I have to say and not many words of appreciation either! (Rolls eyes and tuts loudly at this point).   But I love to do it so I shouldn’t really moan (but I will).  Brothers; can’t live with them and can’t roll them through the Bigshot either!

Any road up here it is:




Basic recipe:
 8 x 8” white card blank
Centura Pearl card (my favourite)
M-bossilities Dainty Dots A4 folder. 
Craft Concepts Budding Vine A6 embossing folder
Spun Sugar Distress Ink  
Various Spellbinders dies: Picot Edge Circles , Lacey Ovals, Anemone Flower Topper, Les Papillions, & a butterfly from Jewel Flowers and Flourishes
Cherry Lynn flourishes (surely this must be in every crafters die box)
Mirri card
AB gems
Flat backed pearls
Papermania pink twine from their Spots & Stripes Pastel capsule range
White Silky Crush ribbon
Personal Impressions Springtime 'tinchies' stamp & silver embossing powder
Bad photography!

Needless to say my mum was stoked.  She’s a crafter too and does appreciate the effort (Richard, Jonathan & Simon I hope you’re listening).

So there it is my first post.  You will be pleased to hear that I shall endeavour to improve as time goes on and hopefully you will be able to join me on my creative (mis)adventures.

Smiling always (jaw’s hurting a bit)
Jane x



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I read and appreciate each and every one. Huge hugs Jane xx